Friday, March 6, 2015

Quilt Book Review and a Table Topper

Hi All

Just dropping by with another review of a quilt book that I bought last year.
(again I have not been asked to write this review nor have I been compensated to do so)

The book is written by Jera Brandvig

It is called Quilt As-You-Go Made Modern



This book has 13 projects and 25 bonus ideas. I purchased this book from Amazon HERE
you can also purchase it Here and Here

If you want to learn more about Jera you can visit her blog HERE




So here is my review:
I do really like this book. I am not in love, love with this book but  I do really like the techniques that she uses to connect the blocks that you make.
I first learned to "Quilt As You Go" by using the Batting Buddy and it goes with all the Fun & Done Quilt Patterns I am not a fan of this method however it seems like a lot of cutting. I guess that is why I like Jera's method better. Here is why I am not In Love with this book. I really, really love the whole process of making a quilt the old fashioned way. Now Will I Use This Book Again? Absolutely! I will make things that I need to get done quickly and some of the quilt patterns in here are too cute not to try them. 

The book has a lot and I mean a lot of pictures which I love. I am a visual person. I hope this helps you make a decision as to weather or not you need to purchase this book. Oh, you can also get it as a e-book on Amazon.  

You have already seen the table topper that I made with this book and I loved it. The people that I gave it to also really loved it. I will include pictures here so you can see them again.


This is a table topper that I made for some friends who had to move 12 hours away for two months for some medical treatment to take place. The mason jar is full of small pieces of paper with either a scripture reference written on it or the whole scripture written out.   



It didn't need tissue paper for the bag.
Pretty all by itself.


This is a picture that my friends sent to me after they moved into their home away from home. 

I hope this review of the book has helped you a little if you wanted to know a bit more about it. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs and best stitches to you,











a.k.a. Mrs. Sew & Sew

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think. Just remember let's all play nice. ;)